Job Search: Curriculum Vitae, Resume, Cover Letter, Job Interview
How to apply for a job: general considerations
Before applying for a job it might be a good idea to think about the following points. The perfect job application very much depends on where you want to apply. Take a few minutes and try to answer the following questions:
- Where do you want to apply?
- What do you know about your potential future workplace?
- Are you answering a job posting or are you writing a prospective letter?
- What do you expect of your future job?
Responsibilities, salary, team work,
Does the firm or the job posting give the impression that it answers your expectations?
- What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses regarding your profession?
- Remember: the recipient of your application does not know anything about you except what you tell them. Try to present yourself as completely, as concisely and well as possible.
- Method of application: Will you send your application via regular
mail or via Email?
Where to apply?
You will probably not find a high number of job postings whose
criteria you fulfil completely. The employer does not generally
expect to find someone who fulfills ALL of their criteria. However,
make sure that you answer at least 80 %.
Use your imagination: What sort of firm would you like to work for Do some research viathe internet to check for openings or find similar work places.
Learn Business German at ActiLingua Academy in Vienna.